2020 Festival Canceled
Dear vendors, volunteers, and supporters,
Over the past few weeks, the City of Spokane
and the Hillyard Festival Board have been monitoring state wide developments
related to COVID-19.
The current guidelines have made having our event very difficult for the staff, vendors, volunteers and visitors. Here are the main requirements we face thus far.
1) All booths must be 10ft apart. All customers in line, must be 6ft apart.
2) One way in and one way out lines will be needed for the entire location.
3) Face masks must be worn by all vendors, volunteers, staff and visitors.
4) Each vendor must have sanitizer at their booths.
5) No beer garden, no music, no Bingo- due to 6ft distancing & 50 people allowed at a time in these areas.
With these current guidelines provided to our organization from the City of Spokane, we know it is no longer practical nor financially profitable for anyone to continue with our annual festival this year. After careful consideration regarding the health and safety of everyone in our city, our vendors and visitors, we have made the difficult decision to cancel The Hillyard Festival currently scheduled for August 7-9 2020, and reschedule it for August 6-8 2021.
All vendors, volunteers and bands that have already signed up and paid that are on the schedule of events, will be rolled over to next year. Your spots and fees will be saved as to avoid any issues or confusion next year. To make it simple, we are “FREEZING” 2020 and continuing the HILLYARD ROCKS- Hillyard Festival next year.
Our staff and volunteers deeply apologize for any inconvenience this may cause any of you, but also hope you understand. Let’s take this extra time to plan to make next year “THE BEST HILLYARD FESTIVAL EVER”.
Thank you for your understanding,
Hillyard Festival Board
President, Shawn Fissette